Labour Market Information
What is LMI?
Labour Marker Information and/or Intelligence helps provide data, statistics and predictions about present and future trends in the workplace, for example Health and Social Care jobs account for 11.7% of all jobs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
This page will be updated regularly with both national and local LMI
This includes information on:
- skills, career pathways and progression routes in the local labour market
- job applications and interviews
- educational institutions, courses, qualifications, entry requirements and costs
- professional bodies
- employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and employment trends
- jobs, training and apprenticeships
- job demands and working life
- financial planning.
What we do:
- teach students how to find and process information
- give students access to up-to-date information in a range of different formats, including online software packages
- offer the students first-hand information through encounters with employers and experiences of the workplace
Useful Websites and Information
Use the following websites to search for and find information about a whole range of jobs and industries along with up-to-date Labour Market Information. http://www.adzuna.co.uk https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/ https://icould.com/ - take the Buzz quiz to discover your personality and then explore a wide of jobs and sectors
Use this handy tool to explore and compare key information (pay, hours, future employment prospects) about occupations and identify potential careers.