Labour Market Information
What is LMI?
Labour Marker Information and/or Intelligence helps provide data, statistics and predictions about present and future trends in the workplace, for example Health and Social Care jobs account for 11.7% of all jobs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
This page will be updated regularly with both national and local LMI
This includes information on:
- skills, career pathways and progression routes in the local labour market
- job applications and interviews
- educational institutions, courses, qualifications, entry requirements and costs
- professional bodies
- employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and employment trends
- jobs, training and apprenticeships
- job demands and working life
- financial planning.
What we do:
- teach students how to find and process information
- give students access to up-to-date information in a range of different formats, including online software packages
- offer the students first-hand information through encounters with employers and experiences of the workplace
Useful Websites and Information
Use the following websites to search for and find information about a whole range of jobs and industries along with up-to-date Labour Market Information.
Adzuna - job searches and statistics on a whole range of jobs
Amazing Apprenticeships - ‘The Parent Perspective’ podcast is a podcast suitable for parents and carers, and investigates all-things related to apprenticeships. You can access all the previous episodes via this link, or subscribe for future episodes
CPCA Your Futures - this website is specific to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, and looks at work sectors and jobs in the local area
icould - take the Buzz quiz to discover your personality and then explore a wide of jobs and sectors
LMI for All - this easy-to-use portal is designed for parents, students, businesses and schools to support the access and use of LMI
National Careers Service - job profiles, qualification requirements, information and resources
Use this handy tool to explore and compare key information (pay, hours, future employment prospects) about occupations and identify potential careers.