Results and Certification
|Date:||THURSDAY 12 AUGUST|
|Time:||From 10.00am until midday|
|How:||Collect in person or give someone a letter or text authorisation to collect for you|
|Can’t attend:||Any results that have not been collected by midday will be posted out first class to the home address we hold in school.|
|Go4Schools:||Results will be available on Go4Schools from 12.00pm onwards|
Grade not what you expected?
We hope you have the grades you need to progress to your next stage. However, every year there a some students who are disappointed with their results, and it is natural to feel you might have done better in different circumstances (such as if the GCSEs had gone ahead as normal). Consider carefully before appealing as grades can go down as well as up. However, if you feel that the grade you have received is not correct:
- Speak to Mrs Everitt, Exams Officer or Mr Slingsby, Assistant Head, on results day.
- Email Mr Slingsby (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime after this.
- A check will be made to ensure that the correct grade was calculated and that this was then submitted to the exam board.
- If after this you still feel that you have an incorrect grade, it is possible to lodge an appeal with the relevant exam board who will look into the matter further.
- Deadline for SVC to receive requests for an appeal to the exam board: 10 September 2021.
In addition to the information below, please also read the two documents regarding appeals from Ofqual and JCQ
Exam Certificates 2021 – Available from Monday 22 November 2021
- Certificates from exam boards will be available from Monday 22 November 2021
- You will need to either collect these yourself or arrange for someone to collect for you.
- If someone is collecting for you, please give them a letter authorising them to do so.
- It is advisable that you collect your certificates as Universities and employers often ask for original copies.
- Soham Village College are not required to hold onto unclaimed certificates for longer than one year.
Please note that replacement certificates are only issued by exam boards and they charge approximately £50 per certificate.
Autumn 2021 Series (1 November to 2 December)
For those of you who receive a Grade 3 or below in Maths and English, your new 6th forms will organise resits in November as normal.
If you believe that the grade you received was lower than you would have expected had you taken your exams in the summer or if you need an improved grade to progress onto the next stage of your education, then the exam boards have organised a November session.
Before you make a decision about sitting an exam in the November series, we would ask you to consider very carefully the impact this might have. You will already be several weeks into your new courses and should be beginning to settle down. Preparation to sit GCSE exams takes months of focused revision and support by teaching staff and in addition you will have your new workload and possibly be experiencing a longer day with having to travel further. In addition to this results for Maths and English will be published on 13 January 2022 and on 24 February 2022 for all other subjects, which is into your second term at 6th form.
If after considering all the above information you still wish to go ahead, you must complete the attached form and e-mail it to Mrs Everitt (Exams Officer) at email@example.com by FRIDAY 17 SEPTEMBER. It may not be possible to process any forms received after this deadline.