We also understand that internet safety is not just the responsibility of the school and that parents and carers need to be aware of the issues. To this end we will also be displaying resources covering topics such as online safety, social networking and online privacy.
We have an internet safety email account ESafety@soham-college.org.uk for both parents and carers and students to email if they feel they have any problems or want to raise any concerns.
Due to the serious nature of internet safety we look to increase awareness of the issues and practices with staff, students and parents and carers.
Reviewing our ICT user agreements and related policies is standard practice, additionally the school also undertakes the following activities;
- Annual staff presentations and update on internet safety
- Provide students in Years 9 with an internet safety talk from Childnet International
- Provide additional assemblies where internet safety concerns have been identified
- Teach an internet safety unit to all students in Year 7
- Keep logs of all staff and student internet safety concerns via the "Year Head" bulletins
- A central log for internet safety concerns is held by the Assistant Head with ICT responsibility
|Cyberbullying Research Centre||Instagram - Parents' Guide||Young People & Social Networking|
|Digital Safety||Net Aware||Child Exploitation & Online Protection (CEOP)|
|Facebook - Parents' Guide||Online Gaming||Think U Know|